What were you wearing last Thursday?

Shining the spotlight on style, trendsetters, and fashion in terms of the good, the bad and the ugly <3

never growing up, peter pan style


LAST THURSDAY’S FASHION IS BACK! Re-vamped, re-energized, re-whatever else you please! A brief hiatus due to homework, projects, responsibilities, etc it happens to the best of us. Regardless we are back in action bringing the fashion, style and trends to you. 

     Having recently graduated (which I have really mixed feelings about) I have new funds in my pocket. The smart girl would save it away for a security deposit on a fabulous loft, or do some sort of crazy investments scheme Suze Orman style but me I am going to invest in my wardrobe. Considering my size hasn’t changed too much over the past 4-5 years give or a take a size, I keep certain items forever! I have a pair of jeans from sophomore year of high school (I wear those on skinny days, like after a stomach flu), so I see fashion as a solid investment.

    This all being said my most recent and fabulous purchase is a peter pan collared shirt dress from ROMWE. I will admit this is my first purchase with ROMWE and I found their check out process a little confusing but they have some pretty awesome stuff. If you read a little about their background they are a pretty new company established in 2009 and started as a vintage shop.  Also they heavily feature fashion bloggers which to me says they are on the pulse of current style and meet a variety of tastes which is egg-cellent!

     The dress is about to be my favorite for many reasons. Let’s start with the color, nude and black are a classic combo and I think it’s pretty sexy. If you where a spice girls fan circa 1996 and owned their SPICEWORLD album you saw the group artwork inside styled in tan and black clothing. When I saw that picture I remember thinking what a sophisticated, classy look and their pouty faces probably heighted the mood factor. So that’s likely where my love of tan and black sparked. Also, these colors are great together because black and white are HIGH contrast and often create a graphic or modern feeling, while tan and black are a related combo (probably like cousins or something) the contrast is there but more subdue, creating a classy and flirty look! I also think this piece is an investment because of the shape. A peter pan collar with an empire waist, baby doll cut dress or playsuit creates a really youthful look. But, ultimately I think the straight lines in the shirt dress style are going to give this piece longevity. Plus, you can wear this dress with black tights in the winter, bonus points.
Caroline Flack 
       
Caroline&Collar=LOVE
       Furthermore my recent obsession of the peter pan collar is rooted in Caroline Flack. For those of you who aren't familiar Caroline Flack is an English TV host, popular for UK shows like “I’m a Celebrity, get me out of here” and “The Xtra Factor”. I would say Caroline has become quite a style icon in her own right but girlfriend seems to put a peter pan collar on everything. Caroline rocks the cute collar on dresses, playsuits, and maybe even her pj's? That being said I’ve fallen for her signature look and purchased this lovely dress. I would forecast the peter pan collar being a big look this fall (considering Mrs. Becks rocked a similar look recently), and if not I still like it. Furthermore, the collar look is becoming big in necklaces in a bib or choker style!
Vicki B rocking a collar dress


What do you think high class or just stuffy? Does Caroline Flack wear collared pjs? Do you remember that iconic spice girl’s picture? Let me know what you think! 

photo credit: ROMWE.com, Sugarscape.com, www.victoriabeckham.com

No comments:

Post a Comment