What were you wearing last Thursday?

Shining the spotlight on style, trendsetters, and fashion in terms of the good, the bad and the ugly <3

WHAT THE SWELL?

Happy Tuesday every body! I have to admit I have been feeling pretty uninspired recently, and low and behold inspiration came in my mailbox today in the form of the Swell fall 2012 catalog. If you've read my blog before you know I love a print catalog more than anything, and this Swell fall catalog doesn't disappoint. Swell has always had a beach-y surfer kind of vibe, so if you can't hang ten (or pretend to on weekends) this may or may not be for you! Here are my favorite looks

This Jarlo Jenna dress is shutting it down! Although I tend to stay away from the general "babydoll" dress form because I am an adult woman whom doesn't want to look anything close to a doll, this dress is all about the styling. Swell does it nicely with rough combat looking boots, and I would suggest scrunched socks peaking out the top, with a more structured jacket and maybe a topper if your feeling bold. Regardless, of the extras this dress is incredible because of its contrast of sweet and wild. The print portion of the dress could be a nod to animal prints or dots depending on your personal preference is well balanced but the sheer  plaquet that goes to a crew neck and ends in dainty puff sleeves. This dress is definitely for a fashionista and requires some attitude, not for the faint of heart.

The next item that's a must on my Swell Fall preview must list are these Hurley 81 skinny legging. These pants may not be cutting edge but I would consider them a fall must. I would predict colored pants making their way into the fall wardrobes everywhere and these raspberry colored pair would suit me nicely! They would pair great with a chambray shirt, black piped blazer or navy and cream striped sweater, whatever your style these colored jeans are a must for fall.

The last stand out item I am loving in the SWELL fall preview is this Insight Colab cable crew neck sweater. I love its over sized look, curved hem, orange/tomato color and its nod to classic cable knit sweaters of the past. This sweater's color definitely makes a statement and although you would think of a cable knit crew neck sweater as stuffy, its actually the opposite with a breezy vibe. Although the model has worn this sweater with cut offs, this sweater would look great with a maxi skirt, skinny jeans, and leggings! Very cute, fall must!
Lastly check out swell for all of their new fall clothes, including their own "Swell" line of clothing, your bound to find something breezy, fun and effortless to add to your clothing collection :)


Photo Credit: Swell.com



No comments:

Post a Comment