What were you wearing last Thursday?

Shining the spotlight on style, trendsetters, and fashion in terms of the good, the bad and the ugly <3

HIGH LOW WEEK


This week I did a short reflection on past blogs, which one needs to do from time to time and while overall I am pleased with a lot of the subject matter I realized a re-occurring theme, budgets, deals and sales! I am going to be perfectly honest budgets are very real for most people and I can’t deny I love the thrill of a good sale (because saving money means more shopping!) but we all need an escape from real life sometimes right? So here are some glam pieces to drool over!

This first dress would be a great piece for any girls wardrobe (if she could be so lucky!). This fun frock is from Diane Von Furstenberg, and is a true signature of her feminine style.  Amazing wall paper worthy print? Check. Super breezy and flattering wrap style? Check. Diane Von Furstenberg label? Check. In case you haven’t heard wrap dresses are a chic lady’s best friend. Why you ask? Well because they travel well, and flatter most every form highlighting your natural waist, which by nature is where most every woman is teeny tiny, hence giving you that goddess hourglass figure! Also, there is generally a great bit of give in a wrap dress so if you go up or down a size it will still fit comfortably (happens to the best of us, no worries). You could pair this dress with a  solid blazer for work and flats for work, sandals and chunky jewelry for play and with knee high boots for fall!

This Tory Burch tweed jacket may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I am obsessed! First you could wear this jacket with a skirt for tea with your granny or with jeans out at night. The cut, the fringe on closure and cuff details, pocket placements, the whole thing is a work of art in my eyes. I really love a tweed jacket but the blues in this one are particularly amazing because they make this jacket really versatile. Most girls drool over Tory Burch’s line of beautiful leather handbags and boots, well cut blouses and trousers, but at the moment this jacket takes the cake for me!

This last look is a gorgeous dress is Marc by Marc Jacobs. There is just something about the entire Marc by Marc Jacobs line that is just really fun, kind of graphic and a little alternative looking that really draws me in. I can always spot a Marc by Marc Jacobs pieces a mile away, and that really says something about the strength of a designer (tip of the hat to you sir). One more thing I have to rant about, the entire Marc Jacobs site is amazing! The design is immaculate, with well organized tabs, clear photo displays (like boards placed by color, collection, etc) and great close up options of individuals items. I suppose I shouldn’t expect anything less from a high end designer but small things like a well put together site can make all the difference! Anyways back to this stylish dress, it gives an obvious nod to the peplum trend in a girly sophisticated way. And while the peplum can be very frilly (and sometimes too over the top) the navy and red colors keep it grounded, and I personally love a horizontal stripe on top any day. Finally, you can’t tell in this shot but this dress zips up the back, very cool! Love, love, love me some Marc


Photo credit: shopbop.com, marcjacobs.com











No comments:

Post a Comment