What were you wearing last Thursday?

Shining the spotlight on style, trendsetters, and fashion in terms of the good, the bad and the ugly <3

Top Shop on Top

I feel like I need to apologize for being a slack-a-saurus rex (dinosaur species phased out asap for their lack of motivation for anything including hunting, gathering, etc). Something about the summer, and the heat makes me move reaaaaal slow mentally, physically, everything. Continuing with the lazy slug attitude I decided to just do my top picks from a new favorite retailer Top Shop. I signed up to be notified when a certain dress of theirs came back into stock in my size but I have also received the pleasure of almost daily emails from my dearest Top Shop. Here are my current fave picks

who wears short shorts?
These Co-Ord Boucle Shorts are kind of amazing. First, you have to have a pretty tiny waist and really long legs to pull of shorts these short but the diet would be well worth it! These shorts are fun, sophisticated and classy while still being colorful. I love the color variation in the texture of the pattern, and the fit would be awesome with a black or white blouse tucked in. And if you are on the fashion fast track you would wear these bad boys with black tights and booties in the fall! Not for work, unless your working the corner : )

cool and causal
Next, this romper is super cute. I won't lie, I was probably one of the last girls to jump on the romper band wagon but the fact is unless you style them correctly they look juvenile and sloppy. This particular romper has a really great pattern, beautiful piping on the pockets and a little knotted key hole to make this play suit less play pen and more downtown playful. I would suggest ordering one size up on a romper because if anything is tight the look is all wrong, it should be loose fitting at the waist and very top only! This would be a really cute look to rock this summer.

almost famous
This final dress is a great answer to the current peplum trend. I can understand where ladies maybe hesitant to rock the peplum trend, especially with really large and fluffy peplums in stores. This dress is peplum trend lite, with just a dainty ruffle at the waist. This dress would be an incredible add to any girls closet because of its form fitting nature this dress would likely compliment any ladies shape, but the modest hem line and collar would make this frock really wearable for a variety of occasions. Furthermore I really like the bold blue color, and I could easily see this dress on a variety of celebs!

 Photo Credit: topshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment