What were you wearing last Thursday?

Shining the spotlight on style, trendsetters, and fashion in terms of the good, the bad and the ugly <3

Red, White and Fashion


Feeling patriotic? You should be so close to the 4th! If not, pop in the patriot and you’ll quickly learn Mel Gibson gave his life for this country and most of his sons (if only it was that easy to get rid of him, right?) and you’re likely to well up with tears and go buy an American flag. While America’s definitely not as loud, strong and proud as it was in the very beginning, but there are lots of great things about the 4th of July. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) the 4th doesn’t land on or around the weekend, instead looks like your hump day is about to get a little more feisty. So whether your heading to the cape for a bangin’ crab bake, the beach for some sandy toes and blue lemonade, or you’re staying home with hopefully a cold beer in your hand (Amurica) I’ve got ya covered on festive outfits.
Britain, missing us since 1776

The first look is ironically from a British retailer (I know, I know shame on me). Also, I know what your thinking, I mention Jack Wills A LOT, they must be paying me (I wish, hint hint, nudge nudge, Jack are you listening?), but I reference them a fair amount because I think they have really well made basics, and some really nice distinctive pieces. All nationalism aside, this outfit is kind of perfect. I originally was just interested in the top because its red, white and blue in a unique fun way and you could pair this really cute top with jeans, shorts, or a skirt. But, this outfit as a whole is really put together and polished, white pants paired with this patriotic top looks really fresh. The final touches of matching brown wedges and sling bag make this outfit causal and cool. To make it your own, I would add a big watch and some colorful (red/white/blue of course) friendship type bracelets, or a silver bib collar necklace. Now that you’re done judging me, suggesting a British retailer (that’s where many of us came from, that’s right I said it) go out and buy it!

Next is this blue dress from lulus.com. For $41 this dress is a steal you’ll wear again. With a basically open back you may need to slap on some bug stray if you’re kicking it outside for fireworks but it will be worth it! Compared to the above option this dress definitely shows more skin, just in case you have a rad summer tan. Besides the low back with lovely bow detail, this blue dress is pretty simple. I would suggest a jean jacket if the temperature drops in the evening and red shoes (flip flops, sandals, heels, your call!). With this dress the back is the highlight, so I would put my hair all up in a ponytail or bun and wear big earrings and fun bracelets or rings. Don’t be blue, get this dress for the 4th.

Tomato/Tom-ahto?
The last option is less costume-y and more everyday chic. This top is from banana republic top is more tomato-y red, which would make your 4th of July look more fashionable and less color by numbers. The looping lace texture on this top gives visual interest and like the model I would pair with white shorts or pants for the 4th. Finally, the Banana Republic model’s jewelry is okay, but the necklace’s length competes with the neckline of her top, I would recommend a longer necklace (maybe a white one?) and the white bangle is fine, but personally I am over the bangle look. This top is really a good piece because you could easily wear this top again for work under a blazer, or on the weekend with shorts! For the more fashion forward 4th, rock this top with white accents!

Photo credit jackwills.com, lulus.com, bananarepublic.com









No comments:

Post a Comment