What were you wearing last Thursday?

Shining the spotlight on style, trendsetters, and fashion in terms of the good, the bad and the ugly <3

Lemme Borrow that Scarf


As the weather cools and the leaves change my thoughts continue on fall fashion. Sure last time I addressed some of my new favorite things but let’s talk fall essentials.  True, the “essential-ness” of fall items depends where you live, for example you probably don’t need a hat and mittens in Malibu or Miami and likewise in Chicago or New York you probably won’t be rocking short sleeve sweaters or tissue tanks! Hence this blog may not apply to all, but to me fall essentials are boots, jackets and cold weather accessories (scarves, mittens, etc)! So here it goes . . . . . . .

Fall means boots weather your rocking equestrian, biker or booties every fashionista knows sneakers are only meant for the gym range. For me personally I have just really gotten into/accepted the bootie look. These boots are great because they are versatile, easy to get on and off and provide a fair amount more flexibility. That being said these boots do NOT go with everything or every look, wear accordingly. All that being said my favorite booties of the moment are DV by Dolce Vita’s Java ankle boot. Whether you chose the suede or leather doesn’t really matter these booties are the perfect height to tuck the bottom of your skinnies into or let your flares hang over. The buckle wrapping detail adds a bit of interest and luxury, while the heel is the perfect height for day or night. Plus, the stacked heel should be easy to walk around in and gives a much more causal feel than a stiletto.  You can purchase these bad boys at most department stores that carry DV or on endless.com for next day free shipping at $129.99 a pop!

Next I love a scarf, whether it’s for fall warmth or just a stylish statement. All Saints is an uber cool brand but their scarves in particular are pretty great, they offer a variety of colors, styles and my favorite the snood/infinity scarf! The particular scarf I picked was the statement scarf because when you lay it all out it’s like a huge ad for all saints and personally I am just into a good script. This scarf is also great because it’s not your typical solid or stripped scarf, so I dig it. You can purchase this item on the all saints website for $95!

Finally this hat from free people is pretty much IT! I love this hat because of its unique nature, the variation of thread color, the texture it creates, the variety of hidden bows and of course the lovely pom pom to top it all off. I am still partial to the beanie style because it’s just such a carefree style, it’s hard to mess it up. Plus, if you’re rocking a hat your probably covering up some subpar hair! I love a topper and this hat is no exception for $48 dollar hairs on freepeople.com! 

Photo Credit: endless.com, allsaints.com, freepeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment